What you’ll need:
- 250 ml water
- 110 g So Thai Tom Yum Paste
- 1 tbsp So Thai Lemongrass Paste (or a piece of fresh lemongrass, broken open)
- 350 g shrimps (and/or prawns)
- 300 ml So Thai Coconut Milk
- 1 tbsp So Thai Fish Sauce
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 150 g mushrooms of your choice
- 2 spring onions
- 3 sprigs fresh cilantro
This is how you make it:
- Boil water in a large pan. Reduce the temperature as soon as the water boils and add the Tom Yum paste and the lemongrass paste. Mix well.
- Clean the mushrooms and cut them into smaller pieces. Add the mushrooms to the soup and boil for about 2 minutes. Then add the shrimp and simmer until they are pink (approximately 3 minutes). Finally, add the coconut milk to the soup and simmer for another minute.
- Add the fish sauce and sugar and taste. If you like your soup saltier, add more fish sauce; if you like it sweeter, add more sugar. Cut the spring onion into rings and add it to the soup.
- Prepare the plates. Serve the soup and decorate with the chopped fresh cilantro. Enjoy! (ทานให้อร่อยนะคะ)
- Don’t heat the Tom Yum soup too long after adding the coconut milk. This way, the flavours will remain well balanced.