What you’ll need:
- 1 tbsp (rice)oil
- 4 tbsp So Thai Red Curry Paste
- 165 ml So Thai Creamy Coconut Milk
- 1 tbsp So Thai Tamarind Paste
- 400 g (vegetarian) chicken (cut or sliced)
- 200 ml So Thai Coconut Milk Light
- 100 ml water
- 200 g green young jackfruit (from a can)
- 350 g baby corn cobs (or other vegetable of choice)
- 100 g pepper
- 1 tbsp So Thai Fish Sauce
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 15 g fresh basil
- 1 red chilli (optional)
This is how you make it:
- Heat 1 tbsp (rice) oil in a large (stir-fry) pan over medium-high heat. Add the red curry paste and fry briefly (a few seconds) until food aromas are released. Then pour in the creamy coconut milk (165 ml can) and add the tamarind paste. Bring to the boil.
- Lower the temperature and let the curry simmer on low heat. Stir occasionally until the oil comes to the surface. This takes about 3-5 minutes.
- Add the chicken pieces (skinless, boneless) and leave to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Then pour 200 ml of light coconut milk and the water into the curry, followed by the jackfruit, baby corn cobs and peppers. Let this simmer until the chicken is cooked. This takes about 5 minutes.
- Add the fish sauce, sugar and taste: if you like your curry saltier add more fish sauce; if you like it sweeter add more sugar. Briefly increase the temperature again (5-10 seconds).
- Remove the curry from the heat and add half of the fresh basil.
- Prepare the plates to serve. Spoon the curry into four bowls and decorate with a few extra leaves of basil and the sliced red chilli pepper, if you want. Serve with jasmine rice. Enjoy! (ทานให้อร่อยนะคะ)