What you’ll need:
- 300 g (vegetarian) chicken mince or minced meat
- 2 tbsp (rice) oil
- 1,5 tbsp So Thai Red Curry Paste
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 bag nacho chips, plain
- 100 g grated Cheddar cheese
- 100 g grated white cheese, e.g. Gruyere
- 100 g sweetcorn (from a can)
- 100 g black beans (from a can)
- 0,5 st red onion
- 1 avocado
- 1 tomato
- 1 spring onion
- a bit of red cabbage (optional)
- a few sprigs of fresh cilantro (optional)
- 100 ml sour cream
This is how you make it:
- Preheat the oven to 200 °C. Mix the curry paste and salt and pepper with the minced meat. Heat the oil in a frying pan and stir in the seasoned minced chicken until the chicken is done. This takes about 5 minutes.
- Chop the onion, dice the avocado and tomato and slice the spring onion into rings. Grate the red cabbage and finely chop the fresh cilantro. Wash the sweetcorn and black beans and leave them to drain.
- Line an oven dish with some baking paper and place the nacho chips on top. Mix the red curry mince with the corn, black beans and red onion. Then place the mixture on the nacho chips and top with the cheese.
- Bake the nachos shell in the preheated oven at 200 °C until the cheese has melted. This takes about 5-7 minutes. Remove the nachos from the oven and top with the tomato, avocado, (red) cabbage, fresh cilantro and sour cream. Serve immediately (possibly in another dish that hasn’t been in the oven).
- Add some chilli sauce to your sour cream for a sweet and spicy dip.
- The red curry minced meat is also delicious in a taco shell or in a rice bowl (serve with a scoop of jasmine rice and toppings of your choice).