What you'll need:
For the rice pudding:
- 240 g basmati or dessert rice
- 375 ml whole milk (or soy milk)
- 400 ml So Thai Coconut Milk
- 200 ml sweetened condensed milk
- 200 ml whipped cream
- 0,5 tsp vanilla-extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 120 g toasted coconut flakes (optional)
- 1 handful raisins (optional)
For the garnish:
- 165 ml So Thai Creamy Coconut Milk (refrigerated overnight)
- 2 tbsp condensed milk (optional)
- 1 handful toasted coconut flakes
- cinnamon powder to taste
This is how you make it:
- Cook the rice, (soy) milk and coconut milk in a deep pan over medium-high heat. Stir with a wooden spoon so that the mixture doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Once the dish starts to boil, put the lid on the pot and lower the temperature. Cook for 12-15 minutes, until the rice is cooked.
- Add the condensed milk, whipped cream, raisins, vanilla-extract and cinnamon to the pan. Mix well.
- Continue cooking the rice pudding at a low temperature until the desired "porridge" thickness is reached. This takes about 10 minutes.
- Prepare the garnish. You could mix the cooled creamy coconut milk with the condensed milk for an extra sweet topping.
- Remove the pan from the heat and, if necessary, stir the toasted coconut flakes into the pudding. Serve the pudding in a glass. Add a tablespoon of the (sweetened) coconut topping on top and garnish with some coconut flakes and a pinch of cinnamon.