What you'll need:
- 1 handful roasted peanuts
- 1 few sprigs of chives (optional)
- 1 handful So Thai Crispy Fried Onions (optional)
- 1 handful fresh bean sprouts (optional)
This is how you make it:
- Soak 200 grams of rice noodles in luke warm water for 30 minutes.
- Drain the rice noodles after 30 minutes. Bring about 150 ml of water to a boil in a saucepan. When the water is boiling, add the rice noodles. Mix well and heat up for about 2 minutes until the noodles are soft (they will be cooked further in a later step). Add 2 tablespoons of oil to the noodles so that they don’t stick together, mix well and set the noodles aside.
- Chop the onion. Heat a stir-fry pan on the fire. Heat 2 tablespoons of oil and fry the red onion. Add the shrimp after about 1-2 minutes and fry until the shrimp are pink (about 5-10 minutes, depending on the size).
- Add the noodles and Pad Thai paste to the pan with shrimp. Mix well and heat for about 2 minutes or until the noodles are soft. If the noodles aren't soft enough after 2 minutes, add some water to heat through a little longer.
- Wash the bean sprouts and cut the spring onions into rings. Slide the noodles to one side of the pan and break open the eggs in the empty space. Stir the eggs and mix well into the noodles. Finally, add the bean sprouts and spring onions and mix well (do not heat too long, so that these last ingredients stay nice and crispy).
- Spoon the Pad Thai into bowls and sprinkle with ground roasted peanutsand some chopped chives before serving. You could add some extra texture to your dish with the fried onions and some extra fresh bean sprouts. Enjoy! (ทานให้อร่อยนะคะ)