Servings: 2 personen
What you'll need:
For the fresh spring rolls:
- 200 g soy chicken pieces
- 2 tbsp (rice) oil
- 1 tsp So Thai Garlic Paste
- 0,5 tsp So Thai Ginger Paste
- 0,5 tsp So Thai Lemongrass Paste
- 1 bag mixed lettuce
- 0,5 cucumber
- Micro vegetable, such as alfalfa to taste (optional)
- 15 g fresh cilantro (optional)
- 8 So Thai Rice Paper sheets
- 125 g glass noodles
- salt and pepper to taste
For the dip:
- 120 g mayonnaise (a vegan variant possible too)
- 0,5 tsp So Thai Green Curry Paste
- 0,5 tsp lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- extra micro greens (optional)
- black sesame seeds (or white sesame seeds)
This is how you make it:
- Prepare the soy chicken pieces according to the packet. Then mix the soy chicken pieces with the garlic, ginger, lemongrass paste, oil and some salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat a frying pan. Fry the soy chicken pieces over medium-high heat until golden brown. This will take approximately 8-10 minutes. Then turn off the cooker and leave the soy chicken pieces to cool.
- While the soy chicken is cooling, cut the cucumber into slices and arrange them on a plate together with the lettuce, micro greens and chopped fresh cilantro. Meanwhile, cook the glass noodles according to the package and let them cool down as well. Sprinkle some (sesame) oil over the noodles to prevent them from sticking together, or wash them shortly before use.
- Make the fresh spring rolls step by step, one by one. Dip a rice sheet briefly into warm water (2-5 seconds). Place the rice sheet on a plate. Add some rice noodles, soy chicken strips, lettuce, cucumber strips, microgreens and cilantro on it, lengthwise, leaving the edges free. Note: don’t add too much filling to the rice sheets.
- Roll the spring roll, away from you, and make sure you tuck the filling in well. Fold the sides inwards once all the filling has been rolled up, so that the sides are nicely sealed. Pull the remaining sheet tight and roll the spring roll further away from you so you get a tight roll. Keep the rolls in the fridge (possibly sprinkled with some sesame oil so they don’t stick together) until you serve them.
- Mix the mayonnaise with the green curry and lemon juice. Add salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle with some sesame seeds if desired.
- Remove the fresh spring rolls from the fridge and cut in half. Garnish with micro greens and sesame seeds and serve with the green curry dip, So Thai Sriracha Sauce or So Thai Sweet Chilli Sauce.
- You can also deep-fry rice sheets. Replace the lettuce and cucumber in this recipe with the So Thai Mung Bean Sprouts and shredded carrot. Then deep-fry the spring rolls in a layer of (rice) oil until they are crispy. Serve on a lettuce leaf and with the green curry dip, So Thai Sriracha Sauce or So Thai Sweet Chilli Sauce.
- Replace the soy chicken with chicken, shrimp or beef for a delicious roll with meat.